The IBDP programme at DPGA aims to prepare students to meet the challenges of 21st century. Towards this end DPGA Gorai, seeks to actively inculcate in its students, the attributes of the IB learner profile.
The IB Learner Profile permeates into the whole school life, including the formal acknowledged curriculum as well as the holistic / hidden curriculum.
The formal school setup and its acknowledged program include the development of Learner Profile attributes through many different areas. These include amongst others:
- Theoretical information gained through different subjects
- Skills gained through activities of different subjects
- Confidence and experience gained through labs and application of theory.
- Knowledge and self-reliance gained through CAS and other IB core subjects.
The holistic /hidden curriculum includes the development of Learner Profile through many different areas. These include amongst others:
- The foundation and philosophy of the school.
- The aims, mission and vision of the school.
- Models of the IB Learner Profile seen in the members of the school community, including the students.
- Students’ experience and contribution to the different attributes of the Learner Profile in their day to day life.
- Promoting a culture of learning consistent with the IB Learner Profile.
DPGA learners strive to be:
DPGA students become inquisitive learners who enjoy analysing situations and making new discoveries and predictions. They display enthusiasm for learning that is beyond their textbooks and proactively seek new task and responsibilities.
DPGA students develop and explore various ideas and issues which have a global significance that leads conceptual understanding of various sectors. This engagement helps in attaining in-depth knowledge across a range of disciplines.
DPGA students demonstrate processive skills like predicting, analysing and observing critically and try to reinforce changes creatively to make an informed judgement regarding any complex issues they come across.
Students at DPGA expressively convey their ideas, thoughts and opinions with great confidence. They are able to communicate in more than one language using different modes of communication. They offer constructive suggestions and accept recommendations of others to enhance their work.
DPGA students recognize their responsibility of being a global citizen and respect the right s of individuals, groups and communities. Integrity and sense of fairness becomes their strongest weapon which gives them the courage to accept the consequences of their own action.
DPGA students are more accepting of others and have no prejudices. They not only value their own culture and history, but they are also sensitive to the values and traditions of other individuals and communities. They seek an approach of a critical analysis towards different perceptions and use this experience for their individual growth.
DPGA students show sensitivity towards the needs and feelings of others. They have a sense of personal commitment to action and service.
Students at DPGA readily accept challenging situations eagerly and with a positive attitude. They explore new roles and ideas by using their cognitive and affective domains. They bravely project their perceptions and ideas and apply learned skills to new situations.
The students at DPGA understand the interdependence with other people and the world. They try and achieve a state of equilibrium between the emotional, physical and intellectual comfort of themselves as well as others.
DPGA students compare their own ideas and experiences in relation to the world. They develop the skill to analyse their work by acknowledging their strengths and critically reviewing their own work and that of peers in a constructive manner, which supports their learning and personal development.
DPGA hopes that these attributes would enable students to
- acquire an attitude of openness and curiosity with regard to the world in which they live
- come to appreciate the various cultures with their similarities and differences
- gain a deeper understanding of global issues that affect the whole human race.
Thus DPGA endeavours to empower its students to take responsibility of their actions and take ownership of the world they live in. This in turn will allow them to make this place a better place to live, where peace and harmony dominate the existence of the human race.